Forbes List of Richest Indian 2019
In the middle of this collapsing economy, the total wealth of top business persons on the list of richest Indians by Forbes is reduced to 8% from last year. More than 50 per cent of the rich people in India saw a decline in their wealth. Even in this economy, few business leaders saw a big increase in their net worth.
For the 12th time in a row, Mukesh Ambani remains at the top of the list of richest Indian 2019 with a net worth of over $51 billion. Since the introduction of JIO, he added around $4 billion to his net worth as JIO is the largest mobile network in India having almost 340 million users.
This list of richest Indian also saw the rise of Gautam Adani as he jumped from eighth position to the second position with a net worth of over $15.7 billion. He stepped into a new business of data centres and after 9 odd years, he gets the permission to start work in a coal mine in Australia.
3rd position is secured by Hinduja Brothers with a net worth of $15.6 billion while on the 4th place is secured by Pallonji Mistry with $15 billion of net worth. With a $4 billion boost to the net worth of Uday Kotak, he raised in the top 5 for the first time as his net worth is $14.8 billion.
In the list of top 100 richest Indians we saw the return of four people: –
- Mofatraj Munot of Kalpataru with the net worth of $1.85 billion is at 75th position
- Rajju Shroff of UPL is at 87th position with $1.69 billion
- K.Dinesh and S.D Shibulal co-founders of Infosys are at 89th and 100th position with $1.61 billion and $1.4 billion respectively.
There are six new entries in this list: –
- Singh family at 41st position with $3.18 billion who inherited Alkem Laboratories
- Byju Raveendran at 72nd place with $1.91 billion who is the founder and CEO of ed-tech unicorn Byju’s
- Mahendra Prasad at 81st position with $1.77 billion owner of Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- Manohar Lal and Madhusudan Agarwal at 86th spot with 1.71 billion of Haldiram Snacks
- Rajesh Mehra at 95th place with $1.5 billion who owns sanitary ware brand Jaquar
- Sandeep Engineer at 98th spot with $1.45 billion who owns Astral Poly Technik.
Azim Premji the owner of Wipro who was at the second position last year slipped to the 17th as he gave away some of his fortune early this year.
Many business leaders linked to the automobile and consumer goods industry has faced losses as the auto parts maker Vivek Chaand Sehgal shares fell 61 per cent.
Top 10 Rich Indians by Forbes
- Mukesh Ambani; US$51.4 billion
- Gautam Adani; $15.7 billion
- Hinduja brothers; $15.6 billion
- Pallonji Mistry; $15 billion
- Uday Kotak; $14.8 billion
- Shiv Nadar; $14.4 billion
- Radhakishan Damani: $14.3 billion
- Godrej family; $12 billion
- Lakshmi Mittal; $10.5 billion
- Kumar Birla; $9.6 billion
The above list was issued by Forbes India based on their shareholdings, financial information from their families, stock prices and many more.
Here are the highest paid CEO’s in the World