13 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TWITTER, YOU SHOULD KNOW
We all know about Twitter, it is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 300 million active users logging in a month. It is growing exponentially and has become an ideal place to get quick, updated news. Twitter works as a social network, like Facebook, but this is specially designed for those who want instant access to news.
In honour of this amazing social site, we are here some amazing facts about Twitter that you do not about it.
- Data says that in every single minute, 350,000 new tweets are posted on Twitter.
- Do you know that 93.6% of profiles on Twitter have less than 100 followers and 92.4% follow less than 100 profiles? This data shows the majority of users on Twitters are marketers.
- When Twitter was launched, the first tweet of everyone was automated. Co-founder, Dorsey sent the first tweet that was- beating Biz Stone by a minute on 21 March 2006. Today, this tweet has over 50,000 retweets.
- The concept of the hashtag was introduced in 2007. Chris Messina was the man behind this idea.
- In total, there are a total 3,600 employees on Twitter, among whom 50% of the employees are engineers.
- The most interesting fact about this social site is that it had only 8 employees in 2009 and in 2011 it had 400 people.
- You will be surprised to hear that the idea for Twitter originated in a company Brainstorming session when Jack Dorsey proposed for a group SMS messaging service.
- Katy Perry is the most famous person on Twitter with the most number of followers. While YouTube is the most followed brand with 49 million followers.
- It is less known but the unique feature of Twitter is that it does not allow you to follow 2,000 people unless you have 2,000 followers.
- This successful business also had to suffer loss at its initial phase. When Twitter was founded, it made zero dollars as revenue for the first three years.
- According to the Vatican, you would be considered a better person if you follow the Pope on Twitter.
- If we talk about the number of followers in countrywide, New York has the most Twitter profiled. Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco, and Boston are in the second position.
- The mobile app of Twitter has different features than its Web version. On mobile, users can save drafts, but on the Web, visitors cannot save the unpublished posts.
- Like other social platforms, Twitter has also some best times. According to experts the best time to Tweet is from 9 am to 3 pomp from Monday to Thursday.
These are some interesting facts about Twitter, I hope you like the article. To read such interesting and informative articles, often visit our site. Subscribe Startup City Magazine to get notification about the latest articles and blogs on your mail.
If you are an entrepreneur and looking for a platform to share your story, Startup City is your one-stop destination. Get featured in the magazine and create your brand loyalty. For more information contact us right now.