Highlights of Rail Budget 2015 announced by Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu
We have been waiting for the rail budget 2015, we got some good announcements like no hike in passenger fair but fright rates are changed to get more revenue.
Now the railway stations and trains will be sponsored by corporate companies, soon you will find the advertisements on all the possible places in railway property. Such as: on platforms, in trains, on the backside of tickets as well as one more new now onwards station will be dedicated to the company name for a particular period of time, this is also a part of advertisement activity.
Now this year onwards Indian Railway will work on the PPP (Public Private Partnership) model.
Here are the highlights of the Indian Railway Budget 2015.
- There would be no hike in the passenger fare.
- New Trains are not announced
- Fright Rate Increased by 10 percent
- Rail Tickets by Vending machines
- Passengers can select their choice of food through e-catering service
- 24X7 Help line for passengers related to security
- Increase in the number of general coaches in most of the trains
- Target to get the investment of 8.50 Lakh Crore in 5 years
- With respect to women safety surveillance cameras will be installed.
- Shatabdi Trains will get the facility of onboard entertainment
- Target to reach 3 Crore passengers daily.
- 200 Plus stations will come under Adarsh Station Scheme
- Wi-fi connectivity to 400 stations.
- Cleanliness of stations and trains will be under a new department
- Now the speed of 9 railway corridors will be increased from 110 kmph and 130 kmph to 160 and 200 kmph