Malala Day 2019: 10 Famous and Inspiring Quotes by Malala Yousafzai
On July 12, 1997, Malala Yousafzai was born in Pakistan, and on the same day in 2013, she gave her historic speech in the United Nations. After the speech, United Nations has announced to celebrate 12 July as Malala Day in her honor. The purpose of Malala Day is to empower girls to speak up in front of people who will hear them and take necessary actions which they don’t get.
The day also showcases what the Malala Project is about and what has the foundation achieved so far. Apart from having a day dedicated to her, Malala has been awarded numerous accolades. In the year 2012, the Pakistan government awarded her the first National Youth Peace Prize. In the year 2014, when Malala was 17 years old, she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and became the youngest recipient in the award’s history. Besides, she has been awarded honorary Canadian citizenship and was the youngest person to address the House of Commons in Canada.
Malala Yousafzai is such a unique personality who has clearly managed to tap into her Everyday Power. In her entire life, she has actively raised her voice for the right of children, especially girls, and their education. In her honor, we are presenting here some of the most motivational and thought-provoking quotes given by her.
Famous Quotes by Malala Yousafzai
- “All I want is an education, and I am afraid of no one.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “The Taliban could take our pens and books, but they couldn’t stop our minds from thinking.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “With guns, you can kill terrorists, with the education you can kill terrorism.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “ I raise my voice not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.”- ― Malala Yousafzai
- “To me, the moral of the story was that there will always be hurdles in life, but if you want to achieve a goal, you must continue.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “We were scared, but our fear was not as strong as our courage.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “If one man can destroy everything, why can’t one girl change it?” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a third power stronger than both, that of women.”
― Malala Yousafza
- “Kindness can only be repaid with kindness. It can’t be repaid with expressions like ‘thank you’.” ― Malala Yousafza