Try these Delicious and Super Healthy Foods to Stay Healthy in September
Grocery shopping is not everyone’s cup of tea. But when you are not aware of what to buy when you get there, it becomes even tougher and time-consuming. Here, buying seasonal foods is a healthy and perfect way to approach to grocery shopping. Now, we are in September month, Start-up City will let you know which seasonal foods are the best for you to stay healthy and make your shopping convenient.
September is a month of transition when days are like summer, and nights are like the weather. September marks the end of summer barriers, but there are a lot of other fruits like apples, grapes, figs, pears, and plums.
To get the best what September has to offer, check out our top food products picks that are both delicious and super healthy?
- Apple: Apple is a sweet, crunchy fruit packed with antioxidants that support in preventing chronic illness and slow aging.
- Beets: Beets are available year-round, but they are at their best during this month. They are very effective in increasing blood flow to the brain and potentially reduces the risk of dementia.
- Brussels sprouts and Cabbage: Brussels sprouts and cabbage are packed with vitamins A and C, and they boast high concentrations of cancer-fighting glucosinolates.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranates holds such compounds that reduce the risk of cardiovascular complications like heart attacks. Many studies show that it also helps in preventing breast and colon cancers.
- Sweet Potatoes: These orange beauties get the best flavour during this month, their peak season. They are rich in beta-carotene that prevents deficiencies, promote healthy eyesight and generate rational production.
- Fig: Fig is a part of the mulberry tree and comes in the different varieties. They are very high in fiber and potassium and work great with blood pressure and weight management. You can take it in breakfast like yogurt and oatmeal.
- Peppers: Peppers are considered as an excellent source of vitamin C. They are in different colours, while yellow bell peppers hold triple the vitamin C of navel oranges. With hot and spicy verities, one can also get a slight boost in metabolism.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is perfectly packed with cancer-fighting compounds. They are the best source of Vitamin C and folate. If you wish to cut carbs and calories, swap mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower.
There is still an abundance of produce from our gardens, farmers markets and produce aisles at their prime.
• Butternut squash
• Sweet corn
From September to November, the autumn harvest carries a wide range of healthful and delicious produce, from sweet potatoes to squash and apple, take the variety and enjoy a happy and healthy life.