Apple releases new COVID-19 screening app in collaboration with the CDC
The recent coronavirus disease outbreak has disturbed the entire world. People from different part of the world are suffering from and many people have died. It has broadly affected the entire human lifecycle. Apart from different major and minor changes, the coronavirus has given people even more reason to camp out on their couches and fiddle with their phones.
Expert developers across the world have seized on the moment with a bevy of coronavirus-related applications. In an attempt to tamp down on misinformation, Apple announced that it would accept any application from only recognized entities like government and health-focused organizations like reputed health-care companies, or medical or educational organizations. Additionally, it is removing coronavirus games from the App Store. The search for coronavirus apps now available is support-focused social networks and informational resources.
If you are looking for any resource for the coronavirus, the Centres for Diseases Control and Prevention’s app is the best option. It is essentially the agency’s website in app form. This application features up-to-date notices and advice on what to do to keep yourself safe and steps to follow if you believe you have the virus. There is a map that the CDC updates at noon every weekday, it tracks confirmed cases.
This new COVID-19 screening app is launched by Apple that tells people whether to social distance, quarantine, or seek out a coronavirus test based on their circumstances. It guides you through a series of questions about their symptoms, making recommendations based on their situations including practicing social distancing, disinfecting surfaces in their house taking medical treatments, and taking a COVID-19 test.
The application is the result of a partnership between Apple, the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, and the White House. It is one of the first widely released products resulting from the federal government’s work to enhance tech companies’ reach to tackle the spread of coronavirus.
One of the best things to keep in mind that it does not involve any kind of data collection. This application bears similarities to an app launched by the Chinese government and powered by Alibaba. This Chinese application instructs people to self-quarantine based on their answers to survey questions.
Here’s how Apple COVID-19 works?
The app greets users with health information from the CDC before they opt to start the screening process
The application can be helpful in understanding your next step.
- Let’s all look out for each other by getting aware of our status, trying not to inject other people, and reserving care for those who need support.
- Then, users are reminded that the app’s guidance does not override any information they were given directly by an expert medical professional.
Now, you give an answer to a few questions about symptoms, travel, and contact you have had others.
- Your input will not be shared with Apple Company or other without taking your permission
- By using this application, you agree to its terms and Apple will not be liable for any kind of harm relating to your use
- Before the screening begins, people with severe coronavirus symptoms are instructed to immediately dial 911.
Before you start
In case, you are experiencing any of these symptoms, stop and call at 911 right now:
- Constant chest pain or pressure
- Extreme difficulty breathing
- Sever, constant dizziness or light-headedness
- Facing problem in waking up
In the next step- The app guides you through a series of question about what symptoms you are experiencing:
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Fever, chills or sweating
- Difficulty breathing
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat
Users are also asked whether they have gone for any international trip in the past two weeks, or whether they live in an area experiencing a coronavirus outbreak
- In the last 2 weeks, have you travelled internationally?
- I have gone for international tour
- I have not gone for international tour
Now the Apple COVID-19 will create recommendations according to the answers given by people. It is what the application recommended for an individual after he reported that He does not have any kind of symptoms but does live in areas where there is a major coronavirus outbreak.
- You should Practice Social Distancing
- Help stop the spread. When outside the homestay at least six feet away from another person, avoid grouping, and only publish transit if important.
Next two steps
- Quarantine at Home: You may have been exposed. You need to stay at home for the next two weeks and see if any symptoms appear.
- Try to limit your contact with others outside the home
The next step is to Monitor Symptoms
- Check for COVID-19 symptoms like cough, fever, and difficulty breathing. Also, check your temperature twice a day for 14 days. If symptoms get worse, call your doctor right now.
- The application also delivers a verdict as to whether you need to get tested for coronavirus
No Test At This Time
If you do not get any of the symptoms mentioned above, you will be suggested not to get tested.
- View: As of now, your answers suggest you do not need to get tested. If anything changes, take the questionnaire again.
So this is all about how this application and how it works. You can download the app via the App store or find the screening survey on Apple’s website.
If you have any personal experience with the coronavirus, share that with us and our readers. Also, mention if you have any tips or suggestions for people on how society can handle the pandemic smoothly.
More Articles Related to Apps: