Importance of Chatbots for Small Business Owners
Importance of Chatbots for Small Business Owners
Every time we hear the term chatbots, it comes from major tech companies like Google and Amazon. This notion makes us believe that chatbots can only be used by big corporations. Therefore, many small businesses end up postponing the implementation of this revolutionary technology.
What if we tell you that it is more beneficial to small business owners than to huge corporations? It might be hard for you to understand as most of the definitions about chatbots on the web are biased toward the huge companies. Therefore, it’s time to understand what is chatbots?
What are chatbots?
It is a form of service which is governed by the rules of artificial intelligence that anyone can interact with, through a chat interface. These computer programs are designed to respond like human beings for example Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp Business.
Types of chatbots
- Chatbots powered by AI – In this, they learn from various conversations, build connections and respond to them. All this with the help of advanced AI technology and they are designed to respond like a human being.
- Chatbots based on scripts – These chatbots have a specific flow. They follow a predefined script and are used for a specific purpose, for example, customer service.
Why small and medium businesses need chatbots?
Being an entrepreneur is tough because there is a lot of pressure to yield maximum results with limited resources. They need quick results and anything that can be automated is an asset for them. Therefore, here are some crucial reasons why small and medium businesses shouldn’t avoid adopting this technology:
- Customer resource – Chatbots are a lot smarter than most people think. For example, they record the user information and learn about them for better assistance. You can use it as a basic customer service like questions and concerns.
- Easy sales – After recording information chatbots can also help in assisting sales. They can make the sales process easy from beginning to end for your customers
- Influence decisions – One problem that is faced by every entrepreneur is to give one-on-one attention to every customer. This issue can be solved by implementing a chatbot. These bots can make recommendations for users based on a variety of data gathered from simple questions and previous interactions. Chatbots free up company time while providing a dynamic new form of 24/7 sales support.
- Enhance engagement – Facebook messenger is a useful chatbot platform. The changes allow businesses to use chatbots within this service. This way, it will not only improve user experience and boost sales but with the help of Facebook, messenger user can also interact with your business socially. It will drive users to your social media platform.
- Streamline Payments – The latest and greatest chatbots use features that allow them to act as a streamlined payment system. Users can now directly pay without leaving the chat interface as bots can store user payment information that allows the user to make a quick purchase.
- Answer queries– This might be the simplest and most effective use of a chatbot for any small and medium business. Using chatbot to answer customer’s queries can be effective because a user does not doubt your product or service is most likely to be your long term customer.
Things to keep in mind while developing a chatbot
- Main purpose of having a chatbot is to give user a personalised experience. A user will feel more at home with your service if the bot is using his name for greeting and interaction.
- The design of your chatbot is crucial as a user will trust a well-designed chatbot over a roughly designed bot.
- Content structure should be proper, pictures should be of high-quality and the use of high-quality links is a must.
- Skip repeated questions; take all the information in the beginning instead of asking everything during the chat process.
- Link your chatbot with a neuro-linguistic program to avoid grammatical errors.
Chatbot platform that every entrepreneur can use
- ChattyPeople – One of the most popular chatbot platforms on the internet, ChattyPeople also allows Facebook commerce. It’s free for basic users and requires no coding to set things up.
- FlowXO – This platform allows users to build a fully automated chatbot.
- BotKit – It’s an open-source toolkit for chatbots and it supports Twilio, Facebook messenger and Slack.
- Chatfuel – This platform is for professionals to develop their chatbots. It has a very simple user interface which makes it easy for its users to build a bot.
- MEOKAY – Ideal for use by both developers and novice users, MEOKAY offers flexible and reliable chatbot integration. It also has advanced functions for advanced users.
- Recast – It’s a simple yet effective chatbot which is used in various platforms.
- Morph.ai – The USP of this platform is that it allows you to build a chatbot within three simple steps.
Implementation of AI can look extra for a small and medium business owner but integrating chatbots can boost up your ROI. Every entrepreneur should start small and focus on automating a few tasks that can be done and then validate it internally.